ESOTERIC ASCENDANT: This House rules our Soul’s Purpose— the purpose for which the Soul came into manifestation. For example, Gemini-Virgo, ruled by Hermes, is the communicator at all levels. This House rules activities with National Implications – social reforms, national issues, social services, and activism.
ESOTERIC SECOND HOUSE: This House is a healing house and it rules body movements that sustain the body such as yoga, aerobics and bioenergetics.
- This is the most COMPULSIVE House and planets here behave compulsively.
- Spiritually, it is sharing what we have with others, fair trade organizations (with the 4th House) and agriculture in under-developed areas of the world. This is a medical House tending to the physical body, body movements and techniques for its maintenance.
- Fields of Education – nurturing the minds of others. Reform through communications and media; head-start programs, Special Education; and not playing favorites with those in one’s immediate environment.
- When I began traveling to Europe, I found people who looked exactly like people I knew in America. I found the astrological connection to be with the 4th House…that there must be some ancient, ancestral connection with each other.
- This House, with the Fixed Star, Antares (9° Sagittarius), rules the Root Chakra— our rootedness to the planet. When disturbed, our immune system is affected. The House position of Antares shows where we can feel rooted. This could be helpful for Immune System diseases.
- Caroline Myss wrote that, when there is a sickness in society, there is some global sickness. During WWI, there was the Great Influenza. During the Great Depression, there was polio. When the economy improved after WWII, a cure for polio was discovered. The 4th House rules grass-roots political movements and one who always opposes those in office.
- Spiritually, the 4th is associated with nurturing the very young and very old, visiting and working with the elderly, halfway houses, AA programs, day care centers, services to improving the quality of life for the less fortunate and improving the ecology and environment where you live.
- This is a House that rules grass roots politics, as well as environmental issues. One environmentalist in Prag has Virgo rising but the Moon is in the 2nd House in Libra. Mars and Saturn are in the 4th but not connected to Soul’s Purpose— this means that it is a vehicle for her anger from her childhood.
ESOTERIC FIFTH HOUSE: The 5th House Creativity of the Soul. Its Soul’s Purpose is connected with nurturing the creativity in young people. The Soul’s Purpose may involve working with children, helping others to become more creative and spontaneous (such as Martha Stewart and the woman who made the poncho in prison). Children can be connected with nurturing and acceptance— retarded, homeless, foster care.
- Critical people are rarely spontaneous. Creativity helps bring out the child in one’s self. Studies in personality development and the Chakras are ruled by the 5th. The 5th is associated with drama, film, theater, psycho-dramas and educational arenas in which people have fun— conferences, expos, festivals and seminars.
- Spiritually, this House rules Health and Human Services, Public Service (esp. with 7th and 10th Houses), labor relations, healing services, nutrition, improving and reforming work conditions, animal rights, especially animals who serve man.
- This is a House associated with the expression of Unity Consciousness— social wholeness and integration.
- This House rules consultants but, esoterically, it is especially interested in integrating and unifying opposites and differences.
- Neptune here rules a spiritual guide of someone we knew in our youth.
- With the 4th and 12th, it rules our connection with our Soul Group. When there are strong afflictions between the 4th and 12th Houses, this often indicates a violent death in the past life. This can be part of the trauma.
- It rules psychic dreams, out of body experiences, life after life studies, near death experiences (inconjunct to ruler) and a connection with spirit guides. It can help others make transitions.
- It is our attitude towards death— do we fear God? Saturn in the 8th is often afraid of God. But, studies in reincarnation and life after death are transformational for these individuals, liberating them from the fear.
- It is also a House of Inventions. Spiritually, it is associated with finding money for those in need. A lesson is found in learning acceptance through studies in reincarnation.
ESOTERIC NINTH HOUSE: Spiritually, the individual experiences expansion through exposure to people who are socially and culturally different from one’s self. The lesson is in learning to accept differences through travel, education and the cultivation of inclusiveness in spiritual concepts and philosophies. Remember, “the children of God are of One Blood.”
ESOTERIC TENTH HOUSE: Our Soul’s Purpose is to come to the public. It portends a Public Service career. Martin Luther King Jr. had his Esoteric Rulers in this House.
ESOTERIC ELEVENTH HOUSE: The 11th House rules heart-centered groups in service to humanity— New Group of World Servers who share the same vision for humanity.
This House is associated the Heart Chakra or the opening of the Heart Chakra. The Fixed Stars Betelgeuze at 26 Gemini and Sirius at 13 Cancer are connected with this Chakra.
ESOTERIC TWELTH HOUSE: This said to be the House of Personal Un-doing. Lack of acceptance, lack of nurturing and lacking in an ability to RECEIVE is truly self-undoing. The emotional handicap we experience creates a self-imposed prison.
- The sentence ends when we learn to accept ourselves AS IS— as well as others. In going through hell ourselves, we can learn compassion and acceptance of others. This House is a Guinea Pig house— what happens to us we can use to help others.
- Let go of fear!! Fear itself can provide a feeling of security— I cannot do something because of my “nerves,” my phobias, my fears! Remember, when the ego dominates, you will ALWAYS feel insecure. After this process has taken place, the individual can help others to free themselves from similar entanglement.
- For example, in the chart of Martin Luther King Jr, Vulcan in Aquarius in the 10th shows a destiny to free people from restricting positions, status and standards of living by opening up professional avenues and changing societal views, such as equal rights for blacks, women and minorities.
- This House is connected with unseen worlds, spirit guides and going inside for guidance.