The natal Moon Phase is based on the position of the Sun and the Moon, representing the male and female archetypal principles in your natal chart. The Moon always REFLECTS what the Sun INSTRUCTS.
You can delineate the Moon's position and the Sun's position separately but you will get the most out of it when blending the positions of these points (called "the lights"). They both belong to each other inseparably and should be treated as such.
The Sun-Moon combo influences your life substantially on every level and in many fields and ways. They also imprint your love life and that's what we are discussing here right now.
The Moon phase in your natal chart has a practical meaning too and gives information about the way your love life looks like or what kind of a love relationship you do need this life time.
Below, we delineate the 12 different natal Moon phases (thus going beyond the 4 or 8 common Moon phases you may find or read about everywhere else) related to your love life.
In case there is also a tight aspect between the natal Sun and Moon that relates to the phase, the more it will confirm and add to the significations of the described natal Moon phase.
Even if the natal Sun and Moon are not in aspect, they are always building a phase in their relationship with each other so that the below mentioned delineations will work out accurately.
The phases can be found by taking the natal Sun as the "fixed point" and counting the degrees to the faster moving natal Moon.
- Sun conjunct Moon (the Moon is 0° to 30° away from the Sun)You're never alone and there will always be someone with or standing behind you as a friend or a lover. In a male horoscope, you will almost always notice a female fan or follower. It may happen that you live with someone physically but act separately and do your own things. Your relationships often start instinctively and impulsively.
- Sun 30° Moon (the Moon is 30° to 60° away from the Sun)Your relationship can be summarized as a teacher-pupil relationship in which one of both shares experiences with the other. One of the partners instructs the other who learns from it.
You want stability above all.
- Sun 60° Moon (the Moon is 60° to 90° away from the Sun)This is a very communicative relationship with lots of talks and/or messages, calls, texting etc. You both need a very sociable environment with lots of friends and associates. You need a partner to co-operate and communicate with others (in groups, in family etc.).
You can't sit still and need movement, trips, changing the place...
- Sun 90° Moon (the Moon is 90° to 120° away from the Sun)The square is an aspect of action and work. You need a relationship to DO things. Most often the partners are absorbed in (their own) work and career interests. You do need excitement to get the relationship working. Boredom means the end of the relationship.
Your relationship has a fiery character that is often marked by impulsive behavior.
- Sun 120° Moon (the Moon is 120° to 150° away from the Sun)This natal Moon phase brings mutual understanding and some complacency. You need a partner to spend some time together, relaxing or just having fun. You understand each other instinctively.
- Sun 150° Moon (the Moon is 150° to 180° away from the Sun)This natal Moon phase has very Virgonean traits in which one of the partners is submissive (the servant) and the other is the boss/master. One of the partners will always have to invest more in the relationship to get it going than the other. This is not a relationship about equals which you can't stand.
- Sun 180° Moon (the Moon is 180° to 210° away from the Sun)This natal Moon phase is related to irresistible attraction and passion. It's a very magnetic phase, drawing the partners together. The partners are "out in the open" and this relationship is a public one. Each partner works on his or her own though and you seek in the other what you cannot achieve alone. It's a very physical phase that may bring fulfillment of desires.
- Sun 210° Moon (the Moon is 210° to 240° away from the Sun)This natal Moon phase needs intensity and passion. You need a partner who is completely different and who impresses you profoundly. Often, one of the partners is or becomes widowed. This can be a temperamental relationship.
- Sun 240 Moon (the Moon is 240° to 270° away from the Sun)Your relationship is another kind of the teacher-pupil relationship in which one of the partners teaches and the other learns. However, in this mental phase there is more illumination and more inspiration with new (enlightening and impressive) ideas. You need a partner with insight.
- Sun 270° Moon (the Moon is 270° to 300° away from the Sun)This square too is focused on action. It's a more forceful relationship though in which one of the partners is the boss/master and the other is the servant. You need a very organized relationship to get on well, with plenty of appointments and structural and even formal agreements.
In many cases, career drives interfere with your love life in such a way that your career drive ranks higher and needs (or gets) more of your attention.
- Sun 300° Moon (the Moon is 300° to 330° away from the Sun)This relationship is known for the love for children. Most often, it will not be one's own children, but children of the other (your partner, step-children, adopted children etc...). Indeed, you need children in your relationship to feel well and fulfilled. Also, there is a lot of socializing too.
- Sun 330° Moon (the Moon is 330° to 360° away from the Sun)In this natal Moon phase you will often need to sacrifice some of your desires or wishes that will not come true -- for the sake of your partner and/or relationship. This relationship is focused on admiration and one of the partners looks upon the other in a guru-like way.
It's possible that you (un)consciously hide some life events or plans or that you don't want to disclose everything -- for good or bad. You have your secrets.